telepathic adj : communicating without apparent physical signals
- Rhymes with: -æθɪk
- Of, relating to, or using telepathy.
of, relating to, or using telepathy
- Italian: telepatico
Telepathy, from the Greek τελε, tele meaning "distant" and πάθεια, patheia meaning "to be affected by", describes the purported transfer of information on thoughts or feelings between individuals by means other than the five classical senses (See Psi).
Telepathy in parapsychology
Within the field of parapsychology, telepathy is considered to be a form of extra-sensory perception (ESP) or anomalous cognition in which information is transferred through Psi. It is often categorized similarly to precognition and clairvoyance. Various experiments have been used to test for telepathic abilities. Among the most well known are the use of Zener cards and the Ganzfeld experiment.
- Empathy, one's ability to recognize, perceive and directly experientially feel the emotion of another.
- Precognition, a form of extra-sensory perception involving seeing future events.
- Parapsychology, the study of paranormal phenomena.
- Psychokinesis, the use of mental power to move or affect objects.
- Magnetoencephalography, measuring the magnetic fields produced by electrical activity in the brain.
- Neural oscillations, a concept similar to brain waves.
- Extended mind, the concept that things frequently used by the mind become part of it.
- Clairvoyance, a form of extra-sensory perception.
- Mentalist, claims to manipulate and change spiritual reality.
- Clever Hans, a horse that appeared to answer questions.
- Body language or kinesics, another form of paralinguistics.
- Rupert Sheldrake, a contemporary biologist studying morphic resonance, and his Seven Experiments That Could Change the World.
- Evolving Towards Telepathy – an article on the potential for technologically endowed telepathy, or "techlepathy"
- California Institute of Technology study using implanted electrodes in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex (vPF), yielding findings on predicting the intentions of subjects to make movements
- PDF article in Nature Neuroscience on "Spatial selectivity in human ventrolateral prefrontal cortex"
- Quantum Physicist Nick Herbert Ponders Instantaneous Communication
- Primary Quantum Model of Telepathy (PDF)
- Soal-Goldney Experiment - a critical evaluation of the Soal-Goldney Experiment, which claimed to prove the existence of telepathy
telepathic in Arabic: تخاطر
telepathic in Bulgarian: Телепатия
telepathic in Catalan: Telepatia
telepathic in Czech: Telepatie
telepathic in German: Telepathie
telepathic in Spanish: Telepatía
telepathic in Esperanto: Telepatio
telepathic in French: Télépathie
telepathic in Scottish Gaelic: Leughadh-inntinne
telepathic in Croatian: Telepatija
telepathic in Italian: Telepatia
telepathic in Hebrew: טלפתיה
telepathic in Lithuanian: Telepatija
telepathic in Dutch: Telepathie
telepathic in Japanese: テレパシー
telepathic in Norwegian: Telepati
telepathic in Polish: Telepatia
telepathic in Portuguese: Telepatia
telepathic in Romanian: Telepatie
telepathic in Russian: Телепатия
telepathic in Albanian: Telepatia
telepathic in Slovak: Telepatia
telepathic in Serbian: Телепатија
telepathic in Finnish: Telepatia
telepathic in Swedish: Telepati
telepathic in Vietnamese: Thần giao cách cảm
telepathic in Turkish: Telepati
telepathic in Ukrainian: Телепатія
telepathic in Urdu: تخاطر
telepathic in Chinese: 心灵感应
answering, automatist, clairaudient, clairsentient, clairvoyant, communicating, communicational, communional, conversational, extrasensory, interacting, interactional, interactive, intercommunicational, intercommunicative, intercommunional, interresponsive, interrogative, interrogatory, linguistic, mediumistic, oral, pretersensual, psychic, psychokinetic, psychosensory, questioning, responsive, second-sighted, speech, spiritual, spiritualistic, supersensible, supersensual, telekinetic, transmissional, verbal